Centralised Data Governance of a Distributed Data Landscape
Data Catalog, Data Discovery, Data Classification, Data Security, Data Privacy, Data Retention, Data Sharing, Data Quality, Master Data Management
Many businesses today are operating in a distributed computing environment with data and processes running across on-premises systems, multiple Clouds, and the edge. It this environment, with so much going on, data is much harder to find and govern. Also, the number of data sources continues to grow and Master Data, the most widely used data in any business, is becoming harder to find, manage and keep synchronised across so many systems in a hybrid computing environment.
This two-day in-depth seminar looks at this problem shows how to successfully implement a Data Governance program to centrally govern data across a distributed data landscape. This includes governing data access security, data privacy, data sharing, data retention and data quality with data quality encompassing Master Data Management to create a 360-degree view of customers, products, suppliers, and other core entities.
The seminar takes a detailed look at the business problems caused by poorly governed data and how it can seriously impact business operations, cause unplanned operational costs, and destroy confidence in accuracy of Business Intelligence, Machine Learning model predictions and recommendations.
What you will learn
- How to set up an Enterprise Data Governance program to systematically govern data and content across their distributed data landscape from a single place.
- Using a Data Governance framework
- Key technologies like data catalogs, data classifiers, Data Fabric and MDM
- What is needed to discover, classify and govern data and content
- Data access security, data privacy, data loss prevention, data sharing, data retention, and data quality
- What is Data Governance and why do we need it?
- What are the requirements and what’s needed to govern data across distributed data landscape?
- The importance of a Business glossary
- Understanding your data landscape – Auto Data Discovery, Cataloguing and Mapping to a Business Glossary
- Classifying data and content to know how to govern it
- Governing data security across your distributed data landscape
- Governing Data Privacy across your distributed data landscape
- Governing data retention across your distributed data landscape
- Governing data sharing across your distributed data landscape
- Governing Data Quality across your distributed data landscape
- Data Quality using Master Data Management
- Transitioning to centralised Master Data maintenance – The change management process
- Combining MDM with Big Data and your Data Warehouse to create a Customer data platform