Governing and Provisioning Data in a Data Driven Enterprise
This one-day class looks in detail at what a Data Catalog is and what the main reasons are for needing one. In particular, we will look at the challenge companies are dealing with in respect to data complexity and the need to implement both an enterprise Data Governance program and provide technologies to help people find, engineer, provision and consume ‘business ready’ data for both analytical and operational use cases.
What you will learn
Attendees will learn how Data Catalogs work and what their capabilities are. They will also learn how to use Data Catalogs to discover, classify and catalog data in multiple data stores both on premises, across multiple Clouds, and at the edge.
For people involved in Data Governance, they will learn how to use Data Catalogs in an enterprise data Governance program to systematically classify data and set policies to govern classified data and content across their distributed data estate from a single place. This includes automatic discovery and classification of sensitive data, Governance of data access security, data privacy, data loss prevention, data sharing, data usage, data retention, and data quality.
Also, data engineers and data scientists will learn how to use Data Catalogs to discover data they can engineer in data integration pipelines to produce data products.
- What is a Data Catalog and why have one?
- Data Catalog capabilities: the importance of a Business Glossary
- Data Catalog capabilities: understanding your data landscape using auto Data Discovery, cataloguing and mapping to a Business Glossary
- Data Catalog capabilities: classifying data and content to know how to govern it
- Data Catalog use case: what’s needed to govern data across distributed data landscape?
- Data Catalog use case: finding, engineering and provisioning data