Data Modeling Fundamentals
This course addresses the core Data Management topic of Data Modeling. Often misunderstood and relegated to just the technical aspect of “database design”, Data Modeling is one of the most important disciplines of Data Management.
This course is designed and taught by the author of “Data Modeling for the Business” an industry recognized DAMA DMBoK(2.0) author, DAMA CDMP (Fellow), Vice President of Professional Development for DAMA International, Past President of DAMA UK, author & examiner of the professional CDMP certification and recipient of the DAMA Lifetime Achievement Award for Data Management Excellence.
The course introduces students to Data Modeling, its purpose, the different types of models, how to construct and read a Data Model, and the wider use of Data Models beyond the traditional area of database design.
The course also prepares students to sit the Data Modeling specialist CDMP examination.
What you will learn
- Learn about the need for and the application of Data Models
- See the areas where Data Modeling adds value to Data Management activities
- Understand the critical role of Data Models in Master Data Management and Data Governance
- Understand the difference between Enterprise, Conceptual, Logical, Physical and Dimensional Data Models
- Learn the Best Practices for developing Data Models that can be read by humans
- Through practical examples, learn how to apply different techniques in Data Modeling
- Data Modeling basics
- Data Model components
- Creating Data Models
- Using Data Models
- Dimensional Data Models the basics
- Improving your Data Models