Principles and Skills to be a great Architect
Has your organization embraced Business, Enterprise or IT Architecture? While many organizations have formed architecture teams and given people the job title of ‘Architect’, they don’t always have insight or training into specific architectural skills or the industry best practices associated with being an Architect.
Luckily, there is help. This seminar focuses on the principles and skills needed to be an effective Architect. Whether you’re a new or experienced enterprise architect, business architect, solution architect, IT architect, or software architect, this course will provide practical principles, skills, and techniques for improving your performance and influence.
The course explores the architectural skills involved in supporting strategy and project development from ideation and conception through planning, design and implementation, and the engagement models and interactions with different stakeholders throughout the lifecycle.
The seminar is structured as a mix of presentation, discussion and interactive exercises, with an emphasis on applying the new concepts and skills to example scenarios to answer these key questions:
- What are the essential skills and knowledge for an Architect?
- Which skills are most useful at each point in an architectural or project lifecycle?
- Which skills should I focus on improving for my career goals?
- How can I be an Architect that helps, rather than the person who says no?
What you will learn
- Understand the underlying principles of architecture and how to apply them across different scenarios
- Improve basic architectural skills of modeling, abstraction, conceptualization
- Master visualization and communication of architectural concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enhance advanced architectural skills of critical thinking and visualization
- Apply industry best practices for standards and patterns
- Learn the secrets of architectural influence
Architecture Principles and Skills
- Architecture skills overview
- Architecture principles
- The Architecture of Architecture
- Modeling skills
- Thinking like an Architect
- System Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Contextualization and Conceptualization
Visualization and Communications
- Designing and performing architectural assessments
- Architectural review
- Architecture programs and teams
Timing: from 2 pm to 6 pm Italian time