A Practical Guide
Data Governance is rapidly becoming a ‘must have’ for any organisation wanting to manage its data, improve its quality, and control its security, access and uses.
An average organisation’s data is doubling every 15 months. Propelled by Big Data, Cloud Computing and other innovations, this rapid increase in volumes is compounded by the increasing speed and complexity with which data is created and stored.
Organisations are also under increasing customer, regulatory and legal pressures to get data right. Data Governance is seen as a keystone in any solution to address these challenges.
Many organisations have already recognised the potential value of Data Governance and have started governance initiatives. Though some have succeeded, many are faltering or have failed. Attending this 2-day seminar & workshop will ensure that you set off on the right path to successful and sustainable Data Governance.
Note that this course will help you whether you are new to Data Governance or already working as part of an existing Data Governance team or programme.
What you will learn
- Understand what Data Governance is, and what it isn’t
- Assess the readiness of your organisation for Data Governance
- Be able to align a Data Governance proposal and initiative with your key organisational and/ or departmental drivers
- Make the internal business case for investment in Data Governance
- Be able to identify and apply the six necessary components of a Data Governance framework
- Create a realistic plan of action for Data Governance
- Apply these practices to a fictional, but highly realistic organisation via a hands on case study
- Learn from best practices in other organisations who are already implementing Data Governance
- What is Data Governance?
- Why is it increasingly a ‘must have’ for organisations
- Building the internal case for Data Governance
- How and where do you start to introduce Data Governance
- What are the main components of a successful Data Governance initiative
- How can you revitalise or recover a faltering Data Governance programme
- Creating the Data Governance roadmap
- What benefits can you expect and how you measure them
- Real life Data Governance success stories
- Your role in Data Governance – how to prepare yourself to win